Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The FIT/UCE Employee Assistance Program is a jointly sponsored labor/management program. It is a free service designed to assist employees who may be experiencing personal problems which can affect their ability to function on the job. Our program is also available to the family members or significant others of FIT employees, as well as retirees and their family members. The FIT/UCE EAP upholds the strictest professional and legal standards of confidentiality.
The FIT/UCE EAP provides:
- information, assessment, and referral
- assistance to supervisors regarding troubled employees
- lunchtime seminar programs
- Healthy Exchange Newsletter
- Elder Care Support Group
- employee orientations about EAP services
We assist individuals dealing with a variety of problems, including, but not limited to:
- personal or job-related stress, anxiety, and depression
- substance abuse
- marital, family, or relationship problems
- medical problems
- financial and housing difficulties
- child care and elder care concerns
Once you contact the EAP, a trained counselor is available to speak with you, make an assessment of the problem, provide information, and give an appropriate referral if necessary. In making the referral, among the things we take into account are an individual's finances, geographical location, gender and sexual orientation, ethnic and racial background, and other preferences a person has for the practitioner they will be referred to for assistance.
Dubinsky Center, Room 608D
Voicemail is connected 24 hours a day and messages are retrieved daily.
Monday, 9 am–3 pm
Wednesday, 9 am - 1 pm
Thursday, 9 am–3 pm
All appointments and calls are held in the strictest confidence.