Health Care Plan EPO Annual Enrollment
Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? Plan
All FIT part-time employees may enroll in health care plan coverage.
The College will continue to offer the Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan. This plan is available to you and your eligible dependents. Eligible dependents are a legal spouse, a qualified domestic partner, and children up to age 26. This plan is an Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) which provides flexibility in accessing benefits and offers a broad network of participating providers. This plan has In-Network benefits only (except in the case of emergency care).
Plan features include:
- Coverage nationally so you can receive care from a participating (In-Network) provider anywhere in the U.S.
- No requirement to designate a Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- No referral requirements from a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to seek care from an In-Network (participating) Specialist.
- No copay for most preventive care services such as routine adult physical exams/immunizations, routine gynecological exams, and routine mammograms.
In-Network providers can be found on the Aetna website. Enter your zip code as requested and from the “Select a Plan” menu, scroll down to "Aetna Open Access Plans", choose “Elect Choice? EPO (Open Access)" and click “Continue”.
The Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan Booklet, Plan Summary, and Summary of Benefits and Coverage provide additional information.
Aetna Premium Payment and Reimbursement Information
Effective January 1, 2022, the full monthly premium for Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan will be:
Individual coverage (employee only): $4,957.22 per month
Family coverage (employee and one or more dependents): $14,020.49 per month
Part-Time Classroom Faculty
If you are enrolled in the Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan, you will be billed by EBPA, FIT’s benefits billing administrator. Payment is due on the first of each month in order to maintain your coverage.
If you meet eligibility requirements (.pdf), you may be entitled to a premium reimbursement. The reimbursement for the period January 1 through June 30 is included in the second pay date in June, and the reimbursement for the period July 1 through December 31 is included in the second pay date in December.
Part-Time Staff, Part-Time Non-Classroom Faculty, and Part-Time Classroom Assistants
If you are enrolled in the Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan and meet eligibility requirements (.pdf), you may have a portion of your premium paid by the College. If you meet the criteria, your portion of the premium contribution will be deducted on a pre-tax basis from your semi-monthly paychecks and the College will pay the remainder of the applicable premium.
? What you need to do by Friday, November 12, 2021
- You do not want to make a change: Do nothing. You and your enrolled dependents (if any) will remain enrolled in the Aetna Open Access? Elect Choice? EPO Plan in 2022.
- You want to enroll, waive, or make a change to your covered dependents beginning January 1, 2022: You must complete and sign the Health Care Plan Enrollment Form. If you are enrolling a new dependent, you must provide eligibility verification documents such as a marriage certificate, domestic partner documentation, or a birth certificate for each child. You must also provide copies of Social Security cards for all new enrollees, including yourself. Your required documents may be returned to a benefits representative by email using your FIT email address.