Library Special Collections and College Archives Deaccession
Policy No: AA014
The Gladys Marcus Library’s unit of Special Collections and College Archives (SPARC) may, under certain circumstances and under carefully controlled conditions, deaccession material from its holdings. This policy applies only to the deaccessioning of materials accessioned and held by the Library’s SPARC unit.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- FIT Library Staff, especially those in Special Collections and Acquisitions and Metadata Services
- FIT Library Faculty, especially those in Library Administration, Special Collections and College Archives, and Acquisitions and Metadata Services
- FIT Foundation personnel
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Responsible Office: Library
- Implementation History: Issued July 2017
- Contact(s): Director, FIT Library; Associate Director, FIT Library; Head, Special
Collections & College Archives; Head, Acquisitions &
Metadata Services; and FIT Library
View Official Policy*
*AA014, Library Special Collections and College Archives’ Deaccession Policy (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.