Sexual Misconduct Response
Policy No. SS004*
FIT seeks to create and maintain a safe environment in which all members of the community – students, faculty, administrators, staff, guests and visitors – can learn and work free from the fear of sex or gender discrimination, including sexual misconduct. FIT prohibits sexual misconduct by its students, faculty, administrators, or staff. Sexual misconduct covered by this policy includes, among other things, sexual assault, gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic and intimate partner violence. The college will promptly investigate all allegations of sexual misconduct and take appropriate disciplinary action upon finding a violation of this policy. The college is committed to supporting victims of sexual misconduct and is committed to providing support services and accommodations. Just as important, FIT offers education and training programs intended to prevent sexual misconduct from happening in our community. FIT also prohibits other types of discrimination and harassment. Please note that, as determined appropriate by the Title IX Coordinator and consistent with the Department of Education's May 19, 2020 "Final Rule," incidents falling under the Title IX regulations' definition of "sexual harassment' will be processed according to the college's Title IX Grievance policy. Members of the FIT Community should consult the FIT’s Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy if they believe they have been the subject of other types of discrimination and harassment.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- Other Members of the FIT community
- Responsible Administrator: Deputy to the President
- Responsible Office(s): Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator; Department of Public Safety
- Implementation History: Updated December 2013, March 2015, April 2016, December 2016, June 2017, August 2018
- Contact: Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator; Department of Public Safety; Dean of Students
View Official Policy
SS004, Sexual Misconduct Response (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.
* Formerly titled: Sexual Assault, Stalking, and Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention and Response