Become a Tutor
The Academic Skills Tutoring Center hires current FIT students, graduates, and others to provide tutoring. Hiring is based on need. You must have received a minimum of an A- grade in a course in order to tutor that course or you must have a written recommendation from a professor.
If you would like to tutor a modern language course, you must contact the chairperson of Modern Languages and Cultures and be approved by the appointed instructor for the language you would like to tutor.
Fall 2021 Course Needs
We may need tutors in the following courses and subject areas for the fall 2021 semester:
- MA321 Data Analysis for Business Applications
- MA322 Statistics, Machine Learning, and Data Mining
- MA311 Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications
- MA300 Mathematics of Financial Life Management
- SS244 Fashion Economics
- MG306 Information Systems: Case Analysis
- FBM upper level 6th through 8th semester courses (FM321, FM322, FM324, FM325, FM341, FM441)
Rate of Pay
The rate of pay depends on your degree level.
- No Degree: $15 per hour
- Associate's Degree: $16 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree: $18 per hour
- Master's Degree: $20 per hour