Events and Workshops
- Up-to-date campus-wide technology and systems related information can be found on FIT Information Technology website
- IT Guide for Students
FIT Library and ITDP / PrintFX & FabLab collaborate in presenting MakerMinds event series, with emphasis on emerging and innovative technologies that are often blended with traditional crafts and techniques. We invite you to join us in these informative, hands on, and fun sessions.
MakerMinds Events Series Fall 2021
E-Textiles: Fabrics, Fibers and Conductivity
Thursday, October 7, 2021, 12noon-1pm
Are you curious about e-textiles? Here’s your chance to experience a variety of conductive fabrics as well as learn basic electrical principles and e-textile techniques. No experience required.
- RSVP and online event details on FIT Link
- Contact: [email protected]
- This virtual event is for the FIT community only
TinkerCAD: Intro to 3D Modeling and 3D Printing
Thursday, October 21, 2021, 12noon-2pm
Build a 3D model for a 3D printer using a free online tool called TinkerCAD -- it's known for its simplicity and ease of use.
- RSVP and event details on FIT Link
- This is in person event, please bring your laptop if you can
- Seating is limited, contact [email protected] to reserve your seat
- Location: Faculty Research Space, Rm. D524, 5th fl. Pomerantz Ctr, (next door to PrintFX)
Exquisite Corpse - Sculptris 3D Modeling
Thursday, November 4, 2021, 12noon-2pm
Join us for a 3D twist on the surrealist art game Exquisite Corpse. Work in teams to learn digital sculpture and create a unique character utilizing the 3D software Sculptris.
3D modeling and 3D printing - Beginners welcome!
Check out the previous Exquisite Corpse creations in SketchFab.