Calling all aspiring artists, driven designers, and budding business people! Are you looking for a challenge as you chart your journey through school and into higher education? Look no further.
FIT’s more than 130 Precollege programs will teach you hands-on skills while helping you do the things you love. Become a better-prepared student. Experience a dynamic and diverse college that ranks among the best in the world. Make new friends. Explore new interests and deepen your skill set. Get a taste of FIT with our Precollege programs.
High School Meets Higher Ed
Whether you’re looking for a short intro or a long-term course, you can tap into FIT’s extensive offerings for high school students.
Start in the Middle (School)
Middle school is a perfect time to begin discovering what interests you. Get an early start on your creative career journey at FIT.
Start Your Journey
FIT’s Precollege programs provide fun and engaging experiential learning opportunities. Learn from global leaders right here in New York City.
Take a group of curious and driven middle- and high-schoolers. Mix them with creative and engaging courses that will help them succeed at the next level. The result? FIT’s Precollege program.
Precollege introduces students in grades 6–12 to the industries FIT serves, its majors, and the college experience. You can study with FIT faculty, alumni, and guest instructors from industry.
Precollege offers a number of benefits, no matter your age. Here are some of the most popular reasons tweens and teens book a course.
- Test the Waters: Considering studying fine arts or textiles or international trade—or other topics—but aren’t quite sure? Dip your toe in and try it out before college, when you’ll need to commit to a major.
- It’s a Deal: FIT's Precollege Programs offer unique academic programs and social activity for a great value.
- Boost Your Portfolio: You’ll get a chance to create and strengthen your portfolio as you start applying for schools.
- Put It on the Application: Many colleges look for extracurricular activities and unique experiences. Add FIT’s Precollege courses to your list.
- Make New Friends: Meeting new people is a big part of the college experience. But why wait? Get to know like-minded students from all over the tristate area (and in the summer, all over the world)!
What Option Works For You?
Choose from a dynamic selection of worksshops, courses, and other programs that provides students with personal and professional development and prepares for the college admissions process.
- One-Day: These four-hour seminars will give you a peek into FIT’s majors and today’s creative industries. Experience FIT’s amazing education while learning about the skills you’ll need to succeed.
- Short Format: These fun workshops introduce you to the unusual and creative topics we specialize in at FIT. These courses are a great way to sample a discipline, develop a hobby or interest, or focus on a specific niche within an industry.
- Long Format: Our high school courses, modeled after Freshmen 101 classes, run throughout the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Age-appropriate content immerses students into majors of their choice while helping them develop portfolio pieces and well-informed college essays.
Email us if you need guidance in choosing a course.
Learn More About Precollege
Tuesdays–Saturdays, 9 am–5 pm
Mondays–Thursdays, 9 am–5 pm
Tuesdays–Saturdays, 9 am–5 pm