Rules and Regulations
The licensee and its employees, agents, and guests shall comply with the following Rules and Regulations relating to the use of event space(s) at, and licensed through, the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT).
- Licensee shall provide liability insurance coverage in the amount of $2,000,000 per occurrence (not aggregate) that names the Fashion Institute of Technology as additional insured.
- Licensee shall not exceed permitted room capacities.
- FIT will determine and licensee shall be responsible for the all labor costs related to event production such as on-site FIT production manager and technical staff to oversee load-in and load-out, rehearsals, and the event.
- Licensee shall not operate FIT equipment or equipment leased by FIT. Equipment must be operated by FIT production/technical staff. The cost of such equipment and services will be charged to the licensee.
- Pre-approved equipment provided by the licensee will be operated by licensee under the supervision of FIT production/technical staff.
- Licensee must request technical support or equipment a minimum of two weeks prior to the event. Requests received after this time are subject to availability and will not be guaranteed.
- Licensee shall only use the FIT approved caterer.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the seating area of the Morris W. and Fannie B. Haft Theater or Katie Murphy Amphitheater.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted without prior written approval of the FIT.
- Licensee will not make alterations to the premises. Licensee shall not use tape, nails, tacks, or screws on any surface of the premises.
- Licensee shall obtain FIT's approval for all scenic and decorative elements prior to installation.
- Licensee will not permit hazardous materials, combustibles, fuel, candles, or pyrotechnics on the premises.
- Fire exits, any portion of sidewalks, entries, vestibules, hallways, elevators, or ways of access to public utilities must be kept clear.
- Licensee shall not use the FIT logo on any digital or printed materials.
- Signs, advertisements, show bills, posters, cards, or flyers shall not be posted on the premises without the prior approval of FIT.
- Audio recording or video broadcasting of the event is not permitted without the prior approval of FIT.
- Licensee shall pay for security services provided by and under the control and supervision of FIT.
Payment for event space(s), estimated labor charges and equipment is due upon signing of the license agreement. Space is not guaranteed until signed contracts and payment for the invoice in full are received a minimum of 30 days prior to the event date. Payment for space is not transferable and not refundable. If additional labor and equipment are required beyond the agreed upon amount, an additional invoice will be issued. Payments for additional charges are due upon receipt of the invoice. Payment by credit card is preferred.
Cancellation or postponement of the event by licensee may be considered by FIT as a breach of the License Agreement. Fees paid by licensee are not transferable and not refundable. In the event that charges and fees due to the FIT are not paid as specified, FIT may terminate the agreement.
Environmental Health and Safety
FIT’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety will review and approve licensee requirements prior to the event and ensure compliance of health and safety regulations and guidelines .
Smoking is strictly prohibited on the FIT campus.
Please note that FIT is subject to the same directives regarding social distancing, density, and mask-wearing as determined by governmental and health agencies.
Nikos Post, External Events Manager
Mary S. Oleniczak, Executive Director of Events Management and Facilities Rental
(212) 217-4121 fax